Not only will a pair of sunglasses protect your eyes from UV rays, but it has became a must-have accessory now. At one time, you will need at least 5 pairs of sunglasses. One for preventing the sun, one for driving, one as an accessory, one for being cool, and one for the beach. Below are some historical facts about sunglasses that you don't know:
- The first pair of sunglasses is credited to the 12th-century Chinese people.
- In terms of blocking sun rays, cheap sunglasses have almost the same effect as expensive ones. However, expensive sunglasses are equipped with more modern technology to protect eyes.
- Most of the world's famous brand sunglasses come from one single company, Luxottica. It owns brand such as Burberry, Chanel, and Ralph Lauren, Ray-ban and Oakley brands.
- The famous and fashionable Aviator style sunglasses are designed to serve the U.S. Airforce pilots by Bausch & Lomb. They were meant to reduce sickness and headaches caused by the glare from the intense hues of the sky at high altitude. They used a combination of green tinted lenses and Polaroid technology to make them.
- Before polaroid sunglasses were invented in 1936, tinted sunglasses only reduced the glare of sunlight exposed to the eye.
To read more, please go to https://www.americansunglass.com/blogs/news/9-fun-facts-about-sunglasses